Friday, April 9, 2010

The KEDARKANTHA TREK

I am Back…
After a long break from the mountains I am back with a trek to Kedarkantha Peak (an Attempt you can say). 2nd April being a holiday and a Friday… I took 2 days off. For the trek 2 no actually 3 of my friends were supposed to join me, but unfortunately…rather as usual I ended up going Alone!!! Contacted a local guy at Sankri and told him about my trek plan. All set, ready to head to the mountains the story now begins…
A small background to go with… Kedarkantha Peak (3950m) is situated in the Jaunsar region of Uttaranchal, well broadly!! One of the not very often trekked route, close to Har Ki Dun valley, is the Kedarkantha Peak. The trail climbs along the rich and deep forest of chestnut, maple and pines, kisses more than few meadows, tough at many parts, but gives you a glimpse that only heaven could. The best part of this trip is the sight of the peaks Swargrohini, Harkidun and Bandarpuch, so close that you feel you can touch it.
The Route:
Delhi – Dehradun – Purola- Sankri – Juda Talao – Bugyal (Medow) – Kedarkantha Peak – Bugyal- Sankri- Dehradun – Delhi
The one in italics is the Trek Route and I had 2 days to do all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment